Inspired by the current political climate.
I started with a plaster cast of my face and hands using alginate and plaster. I covered the mounting board in chicken wire for texture, then painted the plaster casts with gloss black spray paint and the did a splatter effect of browns, blacks, and gray on the board.
Once that was done I cut a hole for the mouth and glued the face and hands in place. Next came the barbed wire stringing which was much more difficult than I anticipated. I finished it by framing it in barbed wire and covering the entire thing with a gloss sealant to retard any further rusting of the wire.